Sigmund's first opened in November 2009 in East Village with a vision to recreate soft,
hand rolled German Style pretzels of pre-street cart pretzel era.
We developed our own pretzel dough recipe, topped them with cheeses, truffle oil, herbs, seeds,
nuts and caramel and started serving them with housemade mustards, jams and Nutella, of course.
Craft beer, locally sourced sausages and sandwiches on pretzel bread followed.
* A beloved neighborhood beer bar in East Village with 8 lines of craft American and German beer, famous for All-Night-Free-Pretzel-Happy-Hour. (29 Avenue B @ 3rd Street, East Village)
* A delicatessen and beer counter at NYC artisanal food hall, UrbanSpace Vanderbilt, serving freshly baked pretzels, classic sandwiches and German sausages on pretzel bread, liter steins of German beer, and artisanal wine from small European family-owned growers. (230 Park Avenue, entrance at 45th and Vanderbilt)
* An outdoor food market veteran; find us at MadSqEats, Broadway Bites, and Union Square Holiday Market.
* A premier soft pretzel supplier to bars and restaurants all over New York, including the smallest beer and cheese shops in Brooklyn, busy Midtown beer gardens, and select terminals at JFK and La Guardia airports.
* Our little pretzel cart has been a favorite at weddings, bar mitzvahs, corporate parties and brand launches. (instagram: #littlepretzelcart)